Through a movie I watched this weekend, I have a refreshed urgency about impressing Biblical principles in the children of our church (Caleb included).
This movie gave me a gory look into the warped minds of our culture today. It left me with a burden: We must IMPRESS God's truths on our children if we have any hope of teaching them to choose the things of God. You can't make an impression without being diligent about pressing. Left to choose on their own, our children WILL choose the world because they haven't been trained about the spiritual battle enough to understand their choices!! Choosing soccer, football, friends, tv, or anything else over coming to the Lord's house on a day that He has set apart for Himself might seem harmless enough when the children are young, but it is setting an example for them to follow when they are old. What will those choices look like as they grow older?
Here lately attendance has been VERY down in our children's choir program, and I have been very discouraged but determined.
However, tonight, I had taken to heart the low attendance, and discouragement had filled me almost to the point of abandonment. After getting home, I came to check my email. I was brought to my blog site and read the last entry...
Faithfulness in the work is my part, and faithfulness in the results are up to God....
How awesome is His timing!!
This fact reminded me of a passage of scripture this week about Samuel. Samuel was upset that the people were requesting a King. They didn't want to trust the Lord to lead/protect them; they wanted someone they could see. After going to the Lord in prayer, Samuel was told by God, "it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king. As they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day, forsaking me and serving other gods, so they are doing to you." (1 Samuel 8:7-8)
If I feel this sorrowful over people allowing their children to choose the things of this world over the things of God, then how must God feel?
How thankful I am that God sends us reminders when we are discouraged!! And I will continue to follow the Lord's direction for our program and lift up our children and parents.
Hello, my friend, it's you and me again....
12 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment